25 März 2013

Austrian Freeride Vize-Champion

Last weekend I was at the X-Over Ride a 3* event at the Kitzsteinhorn. I still had chances to become Austrian Freeride Champion. The initial position: Flo Orley 2500 points, Alex Hoffmann 2180 points,  Chris Fuschelberger 1890 points. So i needed a really good run!!!!



my line. green is the wanted line 


The face looked quite good. About 30 cm of fresh snow and just a few tracks, just the rising temperatures upset the plan. So we had really wet "fresh" snow. I chose a line with 2 big cliffs and some little drops. I managed to land my first one perfectly but missed the second one. In the end I finished 5th so that means now I'm Austrian Freeride Vize-Champion!!!!

first Big Drop
pic by Tina Rettenwander 


pic by bause.at
in the middle section


pic by bause.at
in the finish-area


pic by maria-knoll.com


Short recap of the Saison.

Open Faces Axamer Lizum: 2nd   --> good start, gave me a lot of self-confidence
Open Faces  Fieberbrunn: disqualified --> for me the best face in the tour. Had a really good run crashed in the end because i took the wrong cliff --> out of the zone. Happy that I'm no injured. A blow to my self-confidence.
Open Faces Hochkönig: 4th --> couldn't land a small cliff. somehow lost my self-confidence.
Big Mountain Hochfügen: 5th --> didn't jump the big cliff i wanted to jump, but ... I'm back in the game!!
Open Faces Stubai: 8th --> difficult conditions, miscalculated the whole thing took a to easy line and had some technical problems.
Pitztal Wildface: 5th --> maybe the hardest off-piste race around the world. I gave everything!!! I had a good time but maybe my board is to short for that kind of races but anyway I'm happy with my performance.
Open Faces Kappl: 7th --> nice face. totally motivated, self confidence is back. Unfortunately  I crashed in the bottom part.
X-Over Ride Big Mountain Kitzsteinhorn: 5th --> Austrian Freeride Vize-Champion!!!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen